Online certification for health professionals to prescribing exercise and referring patients to fitness centers or fitness professionals.
- Health enhanced physical exercise
- Prescribing prescription exercise for sustainable change
- Education on exercise prescription
- Connecting with fitness professionals
Program opens on soon. Subscribe for early access!
Strengthen prevention by prescribing exercise
The purpose of the Fitness Index for Health Professionals is to improve health and quality of life and to reduce risks and consequences of non-communicable diseases by providing safety screening and consideration before starting with exercise, referring patients to fitness professionals, and prescribing exercise. In addition, healthcare professionals are expected to regularly review client progress and be able to report compliance and outcomes with relevant stakeholders.
As a leader in health prevention, a healthcare professional should be able to:
- Conduct screening and risk stratification of individuals at risk or with a health condition;
- Conduct appropriate testing, functional and physical fitness assessments with exercisers and present results
- Give recommendations for physical activity, development and use of referral networks
- Make evidence-based change;
- Motivate exercisers with controlled health conditions to adopt and maintain healthy lifestyle behaviors;
- Manage communication with exercisers, fitness professionals and maintain professional administrative records.
How the certification works?
Once you register, you can start right away with our online course–and you’ll get your additional materials on email.
Steps for full certification process
Step 1. Finish online course
Step 2. Apply for CPD credits *
Step 3. Complete the external audit exam
Step 4. Become an external auditor for quality standards at fitness centers
* The course is applicable to Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits for healthcare professionals.
To get more information please contact Your Medical chamber. Share with them table of content of this course.
Upon completion of the program, the student is awarded:
- health fitness assessment manual with the described tests
- Certificate of completion for online course
- Posters with facts to inform patients about HEPE
- List of fitness centers with quality standard